Graduate Systems Developer
- Location: Isle of Man
- Salary: Starting from £24,489.49 per annum
- Reference: IOMPO/24/7/20
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Graduate Systems Developer at Isle of Man Post Office. This role, as part of the ICT Development team will help support the creation of various exciting global business opportunities.
- Primarily develop and maintain the core functional logic and operations of software or information system developed by the IOMPO Write clean, well-organised and fully documented code, adhering to programming best practices.
- To ensure that the data or services requested by front-end systems or software are delivered through stable programmatic means Solve complex scalability, platform, and integration problems.
- Create and maintain entire back-ends, which consists of the core application logic, databases, data and application integration, API and other back-end processes effectively manage and maintain appropriate systems change control procedures.
- Perform testing and debugging of any back-end applications or systems.
Experience to include:
- PHP / HTML5
- MySQL / JSON / Jetty
- Microsoft SQL
- Linux & Microsoft O/S platforms
- RESTful API
- Java / JQuery
- Expert programming skills in PHP, Java or another high-level programming language.
- Exposure to message queue brokers such as RabbitMQ would be advantageous
- Experience with VMware virtual environments
- Understand Version Control Systems
- Experience of working with Agile / Scrum project management methodology
Application forms can be obtained from the link below; This should be returned, along with your CV and a covering letter, to: - Human Resources Department, Isle of Man Post Office, Postal Headquarters, Spring Valley Industrial Estate, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM2 1AA or via email to email@example.com
Further information is available from Ean Proctor, Information Systems Manager at Ean.Proctor@iompost.com
Closing date: Friday 14th August 2020
How to apply