Wrapping & Packing Advice
Make sure your items are packaged safely and securely this Christmas.
Some general tips for safe and secure packing are:
- Use padded envelopes for sharp edges or odd shapes
- Make sure any outer containers are strong enough for their contents
- Fragile items shouldn't touch either each other, or the side of the container
- Fill out containers with cushioning material like bubble-wrap or polystyrene chips (available from most Post Offices)
- Write a return address on the item
- Put a contact name, address and telephone number inside
- Seal securely with nylon or vinyl tape along all edges and openings
- Flatten any sharp edge from staples or metal fastenings, and cover with tape
- Use a 'FRAGILE' sticker, if necessary
- Please remember that there are some items that are not safe to fly.