Isle of Man Post Office and Manx Breast Cancer Support Support Group will be auctioning a dress by Preen by Thornton Bregazzi to raise funds for charity and celebrate women's achievements
The Isle of Man Post Office and the Manx Breast Cancer Support Group will be auctioning a dress designed by Preen by Thornton Bregazzi, to celebrate women's collective success and raise funds for the charity.
The Finella dress designed by Preen is featured on an Isle of Man stamp, and the Duchess of Cambridge has been seen to wear this stunning design during her state visit to Canada in 2016. This midi dress is crafted using Preen's signature TED body sculpting matte stretch satin and features an asymmetric sweetheart neckline, fitted waist and full mid-length skirt. The Finella dress that will be auctioned is the actual dress worn by Samantha Barks, an award-winning Manx singer and actress, widely acclaimed for her role in the movie Les Miserables (2012).
Samantha, soon to star as Vivian in Pretty Woman: The Musical, based on the film of the same name which is debuting in Chicago on 13th March 2018, said, "I have had the most fun wearing this beautiful red dress by Preen. Good luck to everyone taking part in the auction and I hope we are able to raise a lot of funds for the Manx Breast Cancer Support Group, a vital charity that does impactful and admirable work to improve the breast cancer service on the Isle of Man."
Samantha selected the Manx Breast Cancer Support Group as the recipient of the auction. The Charity was formed in 2012 with the aim of improving the Island's Breast and Cancer Services. To date it has raised over £2.3m to date, allowing the Charity provide various support to the Manx Breast Unit. This includes the dedicated Breast and Screening Unit at Nobles Hospital, Isle of Man, as well as the Patient Quiet Rooms at both, the Liverpool John Lennon Airport and Ronaldsway Airport.
The Charity has recently reached their target to purchase a Gamma Probe, and is now fundraising to refurbish the Chemotherapy and Oncology Units as well as another Patient Quiet Room at Nobles Hospital.
The silent auction of the red Finella dress will commence at 9.00 a.m. GMT Saturday 23rd June 2018, and will end at 2.00 p.m. GMT on the 25th of June 2018, which coincides with the Rossborough Manx Breast Cancer Support Group Fashion Lunch.
Terms and conditions of the auction are as below:
Silent bidding is an auction at which previously submitted written bids of prospective buyers are opened and compared, with each the item being sold to the highest bidder.
1. The silent auction of the red Finella dress will end at 2.00 p.m GMT on the 25th of June 2018.
2. We will accept bids from anyone over the age of 16 years.
3. We are accepting silent bids until 2.00 p.m. on Monday 25th of June 2018, via
a. Facebook Messenger sent to @Isleofmanstampsandcoins
b. Post – sent to Preen Finella Auction, Marketing, Isle of Man Post Office, Postal Headquarters, Spring Valley Industrial Estate, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM2 1AA. There will also be a special bidding postbox available on selected dates at Tynwald Mills, St Johns, Isle of Man from which we will accept bids.
4. Only postal bids received by 9am GMT on Monday 25th of June 2018 will be accepted.
5. Bids submitted via Facebook Messenger are automatically opened (by Messenger) but will not be disclosed by the Promoter (Isle of Man Post Office) until bidding has ended at 2.00pm on Monday 25th June 2018
6. Postal bids will not be opened until the official bidding has closed on Monday 25th June at 2pm GMT
7. We are also accepting live silent bids (in a sealed envelope only) from the guests of the Rossborough Manx Breast Cancer Support Group Fashion Lunch from the start of the event until 2.00 p.m. on the 25th of June 2018.
8. The silent bidding process will come to a close at 2.00pm GMT at the Manx Breast Cancer Support Group Fashion Show which takes place at The Abbey Restaurant, Ballasalla, Isle of Man
9. Along with bids, a name, address, telephone number and email address must be submitted so we are able to contact the winning bidder. If this information is not included we cannot accept the bid.
10. By placing a bid you are entering into an agreement to purchase the item at the offered price
11. The highest bid received via Facebook messenger, postal entry or event entry will be deemed to be the winner
12. In the extreme case of where an entry error has occurred, please contact us for the retraction of your bid.
13. Personal details of any bidder via any of the selected channels will not be used for marketing purposes after the event.
14. The Promoter (Isle of Man Post Office, Spring Valley, Douglas Isle of Man IM2 1AA) accepts no responsibility for entries that are not received within the timeframe set above, for any reason.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to void, cancel, suspend or amend the auction where it becomes necessary to do so.
16. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the auction is final and binding, and no correspondence further to this will be entertained.
17. In the event of dispute in any of the above the decision of the Promoter (IOM Post Office) is final.
18. If there are two or more bidders with equal claims to be the winning bidder, the promoter shall select one, with at least two witnesses, by drawing names out of a hat.
19. The sale of this Red Finella Dress is final. There will be no exchanges or refunds and the item will be sold 'as is'.
20. The winner will be notified via telephone and email on Monday 25th June 2018
21. Payment for the Red Finella dress purchased by the winning bidder must be made in full via cheque or postal order to Isle of Man Breast Cancer Support Group, 4 Victoria Avenue, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1BD or via Paypal - Manx Breast Cancer Support Group by Wednesday 27th June 2018.