The perfect opportunity to own the complete set of these six stamps. Each stamp showcases original paintings from the contemporary visual artist, Eileen Schaer. These interesting, unconventional and magical images are complemented by white borders guaranteed to make each stamp look like a mini painting.
The stamps showcases Eileen’s skills and love of animals. The animals are set in an imaginary setting either alone or in human company. She hopes her paintings are uplifting and bring joy so that they can take life out of its mediocrity which she thinks is essential during these dark times.
Eileen has worked in a variety of media over the years: from meticulous tiny gouache paintings to large scale oil paintings, painted sculpture and lino-cut prints. Our stamp images represent paintings in acrylic on board, with the imagery extending over the risen frame of each piece.
- The first stamp (73p) is the painting of the ‘Lady Dreaming of a Tiger’. It features a weightless lady in a trance-like state, gently settled on a passive but strong tiger. The setting is indicated by a tropical plant to the right seemingly conjoined to an exotic blue bird, while a much smaller bird in flight is included to the left of the lady. A transcendental and peaceful scene of animal and human accord.
- The second stamp (£1.38) is titled ‘Birdsong’. In this gentle and humorous image three disparate animals are held in reverie by the song of the bird that has settled on the nose of the elephant. All the animals present are calmly sharing the moment, happily entranced, sending a very positive message of joy and the simple pleasure of fellowship.
- The third stamp (£1.54) is ‘Moonlight’. With its yellow moon and dream-like cool blue light the image features seagulls resting and night is clearly evoked. The lady rowing the boat is accompanied by her steadfast canine companion in a very unlikely if dependable-looking brick-patterned and riveted boat. The narrative content is reminiscent of the famous story of The Owl and The Pussycat, an imaginative voyage of dreamlike discovery and friendship.
- The fourth stamp (£1.75) is ‘Lady With Birds’. A cluster of birds is pictured magnetically gravitating towards the calm presence of the lady and the sense of accord and trust between the various species and the lady, who stands as a modern day St Francis, is palpable.
- The fifth stamp (£1.91) is titled as ‘Just Friends’. The beguiling and reassuring presence of ‘the king of jungle’ creates a deceptively simple image in which the title defines the extent of the relationship between the lion and the lady and implies a human love and respect for the most powerful and usually most dangerous of nature’s animals.
- The sixth and therefore final stamp, completing the set (£2.12) is called ‘Lady Kneeling’. There is an air of care and parenting in this painting of a lady interlocked with an elephant in a fond and caring embrace. Eileen’s ‘Lady’ character is most likely herself as human witness in all these tiny poetic moments and these calm and meditative images speak of an ideal world of a harmonious animal kingdom in which we play an equal part, a delightful aspiration indeed. The stout little robin-like bird is taking all the weight in a humorous and possibly even Christian religious reference.
For this collection we are also offering a sheet set, in both Mint and CTO. The sheet set includes a sheet of each stamp design, each sheet featuring fifteen stamps.
Did you buy this product? Be the first to rate this product!