A charming, joyful set of six stamps telling a story in pictures of a day in the life of two Manx mice. The set forms an introduction to basic greetings in Manx Gaelic.
|XI31||Greetings in Manx Set (Mint)||£7.42|
|XI81||Greetings in Manx Set (CTO)||£7.42|
|XI66||Greetings in Manx Sheet Set (Mint)||£148.40|
|XI67||Greetings in Manx Sheet Set (CTO)||£148.40|
The delightful illustrations created for this collection were produced by Mary Cousins, a Manx-born published illustrator and award-winning artist. Mary has created a story in pictures which is aimed to encourage the popular use of the Manx language.
This issue sees a collaboration with Culture Vannin and coincides with the 120th anniversary of the Manx Language Society and the International Year of Indigenous Languages 2019, of which Culture Vannin is a partner organisation.
A Special Day in the Life of Manx Mice
• 1st - Moghrey Mie (Morr-a-My) – Good Morning : An early rise on a beautiful sunny morning.
• EU - Kys T'ou (Kis-Tow) – How Are You?: The first to arrive at the Tynwald Fair.
• Large - Slaynt Vie (Slent-Vy) – Cheers (or Good Health): In view of Culture Vannin HQ sampling takes place in the Manx produce tent.
• £1:30 - Fastyr Mie (Fass-ter-My) – Good Afternoon (or Evening): Time enough for an ice cream on Port Erin beach.
• RoW - Slane Lhiu (Slenn-L'yoo) – Goodbye (plural): Sailing home as the sun sets.
• £2:05 – Oie Vie (Ee-Vy) – Good Night: The end of a perfect day.
Did you buy this product? Be the first to rate this product!