A charming, joyful set of six stamps telling a story in pictures of a day in the life of two Manx mice. The set forms an introduction to basic greetings in Manx Gaelic.
There are currently no products available!
The delightful illustrations created for this collection were produced by Mary Cousins, a Manx-born published illustrator and award-winning artist. Mary has created a story in pictures which is aimed to encourage the popular use of the Manx language.
This issue sees a collaboration with Culture Vannin and coincides with the 120th anniversary of the Manx Language Society and the International Year of Indigenous Languages 2019, of which Culture Vannin is a partner organisation.
A Special Day in the Life of Manx Mice
• 1st - Moghrey Mie (Morr-a-My) – Good Morning : An early rise on a beautiful sunny morning.
• EU - Kys T'ou (Kis-Tow) – How Are You?: The first to arrive at the Tynwald Fair.
• Large - Slaynt Vie (Slent-Vy) – Cheers (or Good Health): In view of Culture Vannin HQ sampling takes place in the Manx produce tent.
• £1:30 - Fastyr Mie (Fass-ter-My) – Good Afternoon (or Evening): Time enough for an ice cream on Port Erin beach.
• RoW - Slane Lhiu (Slenn-L'yoo) – Goodbye (plural): Sailing home as the sun sets.
• £2:05 – Oie Vie (Ee-Vy) – Good Night: The end of a perfect day.
Did you buy this product? Be the first to rate this product!