Ensure your items arrive safely and securely
When you're sending items in the post make sure they are wrapped, packed and addressed correctly to ensure they arrive safe and securely. If your item is fragile, an odd shape or crushable the following tips will help make sure it is delivered safely:
- Use padded envelopes for sharp edges or odd shapes.
- Make sure any outer containers are strong enough for their contents.
- Fragile items should be wrapped individually, shouldn't touch either each other, or the side of the container.
- Fill out containers with cushioning material like bubble-wrap or polystyrene chips (available from most Isle of Man Post Office branches).
- Write a return address on the item.
- Put a contact name, address and telephone number inside.
- Seal securely with nylon or vinyl tape along all edges and openings.
- Flatten any sharp edge from staples or metal fastenings, and cover with tape.
- Use a 'FRAGILE' sticker, if necessary.
Make sure you label your parcels correctly if they contain items which are restricted. You can read more about prohibited & restricted items here.