Do you have a friend or loved-one in the armed forces overseas that you want to stay in touch with?
HM Forces Mail/BFPO
Friends and family of HM Forces personnel can send standard letters and packets up to 2kg to any British Forces Post Office address free of charge. Also...
- £20 compensation is included in the price for any loss or damage
- Additional options are available for signature on delivery and enhanced compensation – see our Special Delivery and Signed For
- You can send items heavier than 2kg to British Forces personnel overseas at domestic rates (up to 30kg) by using Parcelforce.
Sending letters to HM Forces is straightforward, but there are a few guidelines to observe:
- Don't write the country of destination when you're completing a HM Forces Mail address
- No need to use an Airmail sticker
- The same maximum size dimensions for our international Post services also apply
- Remember to include your name and address on the reverse of the letter or packet
- Customs regulations apply for HM Forces Mail; it's important to complete, sign and attach the declaration on Customs label CN22 or CN23 or for parcels a PFU50 dispatch pack – available from all post offices
For more information on our HM Forces services contact our customer services team on 01624 664664 and for prices and details of prohibited and restricted items see documents below.