Track and Trace allows us to track Signed For, Special Delivery and International Signed For services and confirm delivery.
Track and Trace
Track and Trace enables you to check the delivery status of any trackable items you've sent or that have been sent to you and works as follows:
- Track & Trace is a centralised computer system, installed in all Mail Centres and Delivery Offices throughout the UK, that allows us to track mail through our delivery network
- Barcodes are used to identify individual items of mail
- For Special Delivery, International Signed For and Airsure items we use readers to scan the barcode at the start of its journey and at key stages throughout the network to final destination
- We use a unique barcode for each item sent by Signed For, Special Delivery, International Signed For and Airsure® services
- Items sent by Special Delivery are tracked throughout the network up to 7 times
- Signed For items are not tracked. We scan the barcode into the system only when delivery has been attempted
- International Signed For items are tracked to the point of despatch from the UK
- Airsure items are tracked up to the point of delivery
Use the Track and Trace tool to check the online progress of item(s) being sent using Royal Mail and Parcelforce.